HP Deskjet 2540 Drivers Manual, Software Download, Wireless Setup, Scanner, Printer Install, Windows 10, 8, 7, Mac Os, Linux – The HP Deskjet 2540 comes with All-in-One Printer takes a different approach. Rather than stacking features, adding additional ink tanks, and storing as many features as possible on the device, the HP Deskjet 2540 reduces the inkjet printer to the essentials, adding only the important while keeping costs as low as possible. We can see your point. The slightly rounded edges give the machine a compact feel, yet it is large enough for an all-in-one without an automatic document feeder (ADF). The control panel consists of six buttons located on the top of the case, as well as three indicator lights and an LCD panel with icons for wireless power and a counter for copy numbers.
The flatbed scanner lid opens easily, but it doesn’t have extendable hinges, making bound documents a bit difficult to scan. However, it works with HP’s Android app so that you can scan to phone or tablet. A single USB socket on the back of the printer is the only wired connection, but it loses much of the device’s functionality if it is not connected wirelessly. Connecting involves pressing a button on the printer and the WPS button on your router and starting the software installation. The Deskjet 2540 looks and feels distinctly fragile, and its design is reminiscent of HP’s original Deskjet line, but it’s a surprisingly capable, modern MFP for the price. Unfortunately, this results in very high running costs, even if you buy HP XL ink cartridges.
HP Deskjet 2540 Features:
- Use AirPrint to print wirelessly from an iPad, iPhone, or iPod touch without installing any drivers
- Built-in Wi-Fi connectivity to print from a wireless-enabled PC, notebook, or mobile device connected to your local wireless network
- Use HP wireless direct to print wirelessly without a router and HP Auto Wireless Connect to share the printer over your home network. Pre-installed print drivers for HP PCs running Windows 8 reduce setup time.
- Reduce your cost per page to print by using high-capacity ink cartridges.
- The printer has a small 16.75 x 12″ footprint and weighs less than 8 pounds.
- Energy Star qualified.
The standard quality monochrome text is some of the best we’ve seen in a budget MFP, which is a testament to the quality of HP pigment ink, which is colorfast. There were very few jagged or jagged letter edges when we looked closely at the 12-point text in our document, although there was still a slightly blurred edge on the letters on 75gsm paper. As always, we recommend that you use 100 g / m2 paper for the best inkjet print quality. The draft quality text was nearly identical to our standard quality prints, only slightly thinner. Since there is little difference in quality, draft mode printing has several advantages: while our standard quality monochrome letter printed at 7.9 ppm, our draft came out at 11.7 ppm, saving more than a minute on a 25-page print. The Deskjets are for document printing only, but we were still disappointed with the 2540’s inability to achieve borderless photo prints.
HP Deskjet 2540 Drivers Manual, Scanner, Wireless Setup, Software
HP Deskjet 2540 Driver Compatibility
Microsoft Windows 10, Microsoft Windows 10 (x64), Windows 8.1, Windows 8.1 (x64), Windows 8, Windows 8 (x64), Windows 7, Windows 7 (x64), Windows Vista, Windows Vista (x64), Windows XP (32-bit), Macintosh, Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger), Mac OS X 10.5, Mac OS X 10.6, Mac OS X 10.7 (Lion), Mac OS X 10.8 (Mountain Lion), Mac OS X 10.9(Mavericks), Mac OS X 10.10 (Yosemite), Mac OS X 10.11 (El Capitan), Mac OS X 10.12 (Mac Os Sierra), Mac OS X 10.13 (High Sierra), Mac OS 10.14 (Mojave), Mac OS 10.15, Linux OS (32-bit), Linux (64-bit), Linux Ubuntu: 12.10, 13.04, 13.10, 14.04 / Debian: 6.0, 7.0 / Fedora: 17, 18, 19, 20 / OpenSUSE: 12.2, 12.3, 13.1.
How To Install and Setup HP Deskjet 2540 Drivers
- Connect into a source of power, turn on the Printer
- Get a USB cable less than 3 m (9 feet 10 in) in size.
- Allow’s determine your product to get started web page display screens, click Printer, kind your printer model number, and after that, click Submit.
- The software program results from a web page for your Printer present with the default operating system picked.
- If you need to alter the os, click Change, select your variation, and after that, click Adjustment.
- Under the Driver heading, click Download and install for the full software package, or click standard drivers for other driver alternatives.
- When triggered by the installer to select a printer link alternative, pick USB to proceed with and also finish the setup.
- Loads of paper right into the input tray
- Relying on the Printer type lots a stack of plain white paper in the main input tray and also push till the paper quits. Delicately slide in the paper size overviews till they lightly remainder against the edges of the paper.
- Try to publish, check, or fax, relying on your printer performance.
- For Mobile phone (iphone & Android), You can Additionally Download and install as well as set up the HP Smart application.
How To Uninstall HP Deskjet 2540 Drivers
- Some HP software application elements could have mounted inaccurately, even if the printer arrangement failed. Get rid of as well as re-install the software program to clear any type of possible issues.
- If the printer you intend to uninstall software program for is attached to your computer system with a USB cord, separate the cable television.
- On your computer system, select Beginning, Setup, and then Applications.
- In Windows, search for and also open Control Panel.
- Under Programs or Programs and also Functions, click Uninstall a program to open up the listing of installed programs.
- Click the HP printer name to open the uninstall verification home window, and afterward click Yes to finish the software program elimination.
- If motivated, pick Yes to verify getting rid of the software application.
- Comply with any kind of on-screen motivates us to remove the software program.
- You can additionally get rid of any kind of solution plugins that were set up with your printer chauffeur.
- See to it the printer is switched on, cartridges are set up, and also, the plain paper is generally filled tray.
- Comply with the instructions to download and mount the vehicle driver or application. Throughout the setup, select HP Smart or the full software application choice to obtain one of the most out of your HP printer, and then comply with the actions to set up the printer connection.
- Attempt to print.
How to use and Download HP Print and Scan Doctor.
- Run HPPSdr.exe from the download place on your computer system.
- When HP Publish as well as Check Medical professional is open, click Beginning, and then select your printer.
- If there is link trouble, follow the instructions in the tool.
- Depending upon the trouble, click either Fix Printing or Repair Scanning.
- HP Print and also Scan Physician faster way is set up on your desktop computer.
HP Deskjet 2540 Drivers Wireless Setup
- Connect the Deskjet 2540 printer to your network using the HP wifi setup wizard (for printers with a touchscreen control panel), WPS (if sustained by your router), or the HP Smart software program.
NOTE: You can not attach to a printer over limited visitor networks, such as those in numerous hotels as well as a dormitory. Instead, link directly to the printer’s wifi Direct link, if readily available.
- Use the Wireless Setup Wizard menu to establish a wireless link between your printer as well as network.
- From the house display of your printer control board, touch the Wireless symbol.
- Touch the Setup symbol.
- Touch Restore Network Defaults or Recover Network Setups, and then touch Yes to verify your choice.
- After the default network settings are recovered, touch the back arrowhead, touch Wireless Settings, and after that, move to Wireless Configuration Wizard.
- The printer looks for offered networks.
- Touch the name of your wireless network.
- If your WIreless network does not present in the checklist of wireless networks, touch Get in New Network Name, and after that type the name of your cordless system.
NOTE: Type the exact network name, consisting of any capital as well as a low case letter.
- Type your network security password (WEP or WPA trick), and then you can touch “Done”.
- If you do not know your network/wireless password, go to Locate Your Wireless WEP, WPA, WPA2 Password.
- If the printer stops working to link, remain to the following step.
Deskjet 2540 Sending and Receiving Fax
- You can find out just how to fax from a fax-enabled HP printer by complying with the steps below.
- Discover how to check the fax machine by adhering to the steps within the Examining the HP Fax Machine paper.
- Lots of the sheets you are planning to fax right into the input tray as well as adjust the width overviews to make sure that they rest against the sides of the paper. The printer needs to indicate
- whether the published bottom of the web page(s) ought to face up or down.
- For multifunction HP printers, there might be an alternative to choose Fax. Total this action before carrying on.
- If needed, modify the fax setups. This action is optional.
- Dial the fax number you intend to send the Fax to. Be sure to include any type of dial codes as well as extensions needed to course the call correctly.
- Press Beginning, Send Out, Go, or a beginning fax-equivalent switch.